Digital marketing, Internet marketing, online advertisement, social media marketing whatever you like to call the new medium of marketing products, services and event this days you are right.
Before now marketing products and services was a little more difficult than it is today in Nigeria as well as other parts of the world, today with Digital marketing, Internet marketing, online advertisement or social media marketing it pretty easy to advertise goods and services using this new medium in Nigeria and beyond.
The challenge is knowing how to apply the new marketing technique which is the problem of many business these days not just in Nigeria but other parts of the world.
Usually I advise Nigerian business owners to create a digital marketing team or department whose only responsibility will be to market the company’s products or services using digital marketing channels like Social media, email marketing, display ads, search marketing, mobile marketing, more from this link digital marketing training.
I also advice they employ trained digital marketing experts to ensure they get maximum result, because digital marketing is really money and time server if properly applied to business. It is also advisable they to go for training from time to time because the technique change often and the only way one can stay competitive is to always learn the new method.
For those that does not have the means to employ full time digital marketing experts, they can engage the services of digital marketing companies, good enough there are so many digital marketing agencies or online advertising companies that help business get the best out of Digital marketing, Internet marketing, online advertisement, social media marketing or internet advertisement.
This article will not be complete if I fail to point out some benefits of digital marketing or internet advertisement
Benefits of Digital marketing, Internet marketing, online advertisement, social media marketing, internet advertisement.
1. Level playing field: The fact that any businesses can compete favorably regardless of size with a well-planned digital marketing or social media marketing strategy. Traditionally a smaller business would struggle to match the finesse of the fixtures and fittings of its larger competitors.
2. Reduced cost: Your business can develop its internet marketing strategy at very little cost and can potentially replace the costly advertising channels like Yellow Pages, magazine, television and radio.
3. Simple to measure: Unlike traditional methods Digital marketing is measurable and you can monitor in real time what is working and what is not, you can adapt very quickly to improve your results. You can use Google Analytics to measure your sites’ traffic.
4. Real time results: With internet advertisement you don’t have to wait weeks to be able to boost your business like you would have to waiting for a fax or form to be returned. You can see in real time the traffic to your site and if your subscribers increase or not, peak trading times, conversion rates etc.
5. Refinement of your strategy: Basically anything that you capture in your customer journey could be reported for greater success at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing channels. After all, how annoying is it to get a couple of forms returned from a mailshot. Marketing online enables you to refine your strategy at any at any time and see any improvements or opportunities for further refinement almost instantaneously.
6. Business or products Brand Development: With a well maintained website with quality and fresh content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience could provide significant value and may be lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilising the digital channels like social media and personalised email marketing.
7. Far greater exposure: your business or products can be seen anywhere in the world from a single marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional methods would be considerable. And once you have optimized the key word search content in your website you should see a long-term return on your investment (RIO) and will be fairly low cost to maintain your ranking going forward.
8. Viral: how often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers or prospects? Online marketing, using the social media share buttons on your website or blog, email and social media channels enables your message to be shared incredibly quickly most time at no cost to you, just look how effective it is for sharing breaking news online. If you consider the average facebook user has 190 friends of which an average of 12% get notification for post they friends liked ,“ your one message has practically been seen by 15 new prospects, now imagine a number of them also clicked to like and share your message and their friends probably do the same? Mind blowing isn’t it. But a word of caution, remember that a bad news can travel much quicker so make sure you have a team with a risk management strategy to tackle negative press as soon as it is circulated online.
9. None Intrusive: Most people hate receiving sales mailshots or phone calls at inconvenient times on stuff that they have little interest in. Online users have got the choice to opt in or out of communications like email, and often it is relevant because they were the ones searching for related things in the first place.
10. More engagement: With digital/social media marketing you can encourage your prospects, clients and followers to take actions like, visit your website or blog, read about your products/services, rate your products, buy them and provide feedback with a discount for a product which is visible to your market. So in no time good publicity and positive feedbacks will enhance the prospects of your business.
If you need expert advice on your digital marketing campaign anywhere in Nigeria you can reach me on 08140806869, 07014039333, or you have need for digital marketing (Online advertisement) do not hesitate to contact me.
2 Thoughts on “Marketing: Digital social media Internet marketing online advertisement”
Thanks for the well detailed information on digital and social media marketing
Digital marketing, internet marketing, online advertisement have made maketing of goods and services easy, giving good results quick without much stress
The benefits listed in this article are really clear enough..
Very good one, please keep the ball rolling